Friday, June 29, 2012

Stitch a book progress...

Okay, now it's confession time!

You have seen on my previous posts some of my work for my stitch a book online workshop with Kim Archer and Mardi Winen, but what I didn't tell you is that the books these ladies designed were interactive fabric books for babies/children...fun learning books! I don't have anyone to make a book for in that age group, but I instantly fell in love with both their designs in the book and wanted to make one for myself! Maybe it's my inner child! Lol! So I adapted both their idea's to make a book for me! A stitchers book! This is the third and last week in the course, so it's not yet completed...so this is what I have done this week...


Kims pretty flowers...


I quite like the look of them with a small crochet motif...but still not sure if I will add a motif


The ribbon sun I have added a pocket to the front and is where I can keep my scissors, needles etc.


A little turtle design I made up for inside front pocket


The little houses I added some ribbon to hold my keys...now I know where my sewing room keys are!!


Inside back pocket...a little bee design I made up

Ribbon sun (again!) But I just love it! And I think that Manda's owl pins look adorable in it! I have also made a scallop edged pocket (underneath) which I will show next time...already very pic heavy post..lol!


Mardi's very clever little hand bag, holds my crafty business cards


Next time I will hopefully have a finished book to show!

Bye For Now

Lisa

Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh wow Lisa i cant believe how beautiful and useful this book is,well done and you sound like you are loving it.

Sweet Cinnamon Stitches said...

That looks like heaps of fun....and all very, very pretty....well done!!

Jo in TAS said...

Gorgeous work Lisa!

Fiona said...

How gorgeous is all that.... I can see you are having lots of fun with it too...
Hugz

Shirley said...

Hmmm, fabulous project Lisa. What a great idea.

Tatkis said...

Everything looks soooo sweet - the turtle and the bee and all the owls!
And such interesting scissors - could you show them in full size? :)

Hugs,
Tatyana

Darlene said...

What a gorgeous project! You are so talented - leaving me awe every time I visit.

Kylie said...

Wow Lisa your little book is just gorgeous - lots of great ideas and cute things - love the owl pins xxx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Amazing Lisa...

Deb R said...

Looks gorgeous, loving the cute designs!!! cant wait to see the finished product!!

Anonymous said...

How clever!! You changes are very creative. Louise

Googy Girl said...

it'll looks so wonderful, you are very clever at adapting / designing things. looking forward to seeing the finished projects

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Wow such a gorgeous book. I love your adaptions. Can't wait to see more xx

Wendy said...

It is gorgeous Lisa, you are very creative to make it into such a beautiful sewing book, lovely!!

Anonymous said...

These are such great ideas.