Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Finished 'My Favourite Things'

I am just so pleased to have 'My Favourite Things' quilt finished after alot of work over the weekend!! All the preparation to get it ready to be quilted, all the stippling and stitching the binding down, has definately been worth it! I am so happy how it's turned out


All the fabrics that have been used I have collected over the years from various craft shops. As my quilt is very 'scrappy'...I decided to make the binding scrappy too and it has a few different fabrics in it

The backing
 
 
 

All 3 quilts that I have made over the 3 years with the stitch a long group in this photo

I have to say a big thank you to Chooky...for without her I wouldn't have made all 3 of these quilts with the stitch-a-long group

Now to move onto Daisy Quilt (also from Anni Downs Some Kind Of Wonderful Book)
Bye For Now
Lisa
Posted by Picasa

24 comments:

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Oh my goodness that is just beautiful...goon on you for doing all 3 quilts in stitch-a-long!!!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Stunning.....

Fiona said...

just lovely...
Hugz

Yvonne W said...

Congratulations on a job well done-- very impressive. This is making me get a push on with mine.

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

A stunning quilt Lisa. I think this will motovate me to get mine out and quilt it after our move. Looking forward to watching your next quilt grow. hugs, Sharon

Shirley said...

Job well done Lisa. Such a fantastic word - finished.

quilterliz said...

G'day Lisa. Congratulations, that is just beautiful, you have done a marvelous job. Take care. Liz...

Sheila said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!! And I love the photos of your room full of SAL quilts and other goodies :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, You have done a great job. Louise

Kylie said...

Love it Lisa xxx

Anonymous said...

sure is gorgeous Lisa,well done.xx

De said...

Its gorgeous Lisa

Deb R said...

congratulation it looks beautiful, well done x

Cathy said...

Wonderful accomplishment!! Outstanding!!

Siri said...

Oh, beautiful!!

maria said...

It´s a lovely work. congratulations.
María.

Anniem said...

Such a good Job on all your projects! Things that delight the eyes and Treasures to be remembered by. Don't forget to sign and date your work!

Mistea said...

Your quilt is gorgeous. love the colours you've used.
Beautiful to see all your quilts together.
Enjoy your new pretties.

Wendy said...

Your quilt is gorgeous, and I love the photo of all your beautiful quilts together!

Fairy Floss Stitches said...

Your quilts beautiful..love the colours you used. Well done :)

Chookyblue...... said...

your quilt is gorgeous Lisa........well done on getting it finished.....you have done a great job esp getting it quilted yourself.......I bet you have powered into the next Anni quilt on your hit list........

Chookyblue...... said...

Oh and thanks for being such a great SAL member.......love the pic of the 3 quilts together.......

Tatkis said...

Oh my, it's so beautiful!!
Congratulations on your finish!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful. Fits in perfectly in your lovely room.