Thursday, August 30, 2012

Our Red Room...

Now the red room is all finished...hubby hung My Favourite Things quilt last night. I am still not sure whether I will keep the table and chairs where they are or put them under my quilt. I have been moving them around all afternoon, so I have decided to see how they look in the next few days. Miss 10 and I have plans to have a special lunch set up in the red room for Fathers Day
I really need to make some more quilts to hang on my quilt rack...Matilda's Station was the second quilt I made
My 2 chairs I picked up second hand some time ago
I am unable to post through Picasa at the moment, so I have had to email my pics to my blog. So I hope it's all worked out!

12 comments:

Susan said...

Looking good Lisa. All your hard work is paying off.

marina said...

so beautiful. Your skow looks fantastic hanging on the wall. It looks like such a welcoming and peaceful space.

Deb R said...

Such a beautiful room, to sit in those blue chairs on a lovely spring afternoon sewing....heaven!

Anonymous said...

i love this room so much Lisa,its stunning,well done.I am making the tilda bug for my GD at the moment and i am just going to check what colour you used for the face,enjoy your night.xx

Nicky said...

What a wonderful space Lisa. Those chairs are awesome, and your My Favourite Things is in a perfect spot to be admired. It all looks so perfect....... Have a lovely Fathers Day lunch!

cottonreel said...

I have blk/white chairs like yours in my conservatory,
The room looks good . I wish now I had made that quilt but I was unsure .

carole johnston said...

Looks wonderful,can I ask why you chose the name the red Room as I could not see any red there lol..it looks just lovely and so inviting.

quilterliz said...

G'day Lisa. Your room looks just stunning.I like the table and chairs where you have them, they look great under the window. Well done Lisa, it is a credit to you. I was going to do Matilda's Station some time ago, but never followed up on it. Sorry now that I didn't. Take care. Liz...

Bev C said...

Hello Lisa,

Just the place to sit and have a cuppa and do some stitching. Just beautiful. Love those chairs you picked up.

Happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Anonymous said...

Love seeing all your photos of your new room. So pretty....

Tatkis said...

Wonderful, cosy room - worth spending a lot of hours there ;)

Hugs,
Tatyana

Wendy said...

Your room looks beautiful, lovely to see your quilts displayed and those chairs are perfect too.